What exactly is included in operating costs?
For your information the following list details the various components of your Operating Costs:
- Cleaning – includes regularly scheduled dusting, vacuuming, garbage and recyclable material removal, kitchen clean-up, common area cleaning, exterior building cleaning, etc;
- Utilities – includes electricity, water, gas;
- Repairs and Maintenance - includes electrical, lighting, plumbing, HVAC, miscellaneous and major repairs, etc;
- Elevators – including elevator contract and maintenance;
- Fire Life Safety – fire alarm panel, sprinklers, fire extinguishers, etc.
- Building Management;
- Waste Disposal;
- Property Taxes;
- Snow removal and landscaping.
Operating expenses are more fully defined in your Lease. These expenses together with Property Taxes are charged to the Tenant on a proportionate share basis calculated on the Tenant's rentable square footage.