The following Building Rules have been adopted by the Landlord for the care, protection and benefit of the Premises and the Building and for the general comfort and welfare of all tenants. Where these Rules conflict with a tenants' lease, the lease shall take precedence.
Access and Common Facilities
- No person shall invite or permit the visit of any person or persons in such numbers, or under such conditions, as to interfere with the enjoyment of the Common Facilities.
- Canvassing, soliciting or peddling in the Building is prohibited and the Tenants shall cooperate to prevent same.
- The distribution of flyers or other advertising material in common spaces and facilities of the building is prohibited.
- The Tenants shall not hinder or inconvenience its neighbours and shall not impair the good order and safety of the building.
- The Landlord reserves the right to exclude or expel from the Building any person who, in Landlord's judgment, is intoxicated or under the influence of liquor or drugs or who is in violation of any of the rules and regulations of the Building.
- During the continuance of any invasion, mob, riot, public excitement or other circumstances rendering such action advisable in Landlords opinion, the Landlord reserves the right to prevent access to the Building by closing the doors, or otherwise for the safety of the Tenants and protection of the Building and property in the Building.
Health and Safety
- The Landlord shall publish, from time to time, emergency fire regulations and evacuation procedures in consultation with the applicable municipal authorities. The Tenant will, at the Landlords request, appoint a premises warden who will be responsible for liaison with Building management in all emergency matters and who will be responsible for instructing employees of the Tenant in emergency matters.
- No one may smoke anywhere in the building, including in the leased space and the parking garage or outside within five metres of any door, opening window or vent.
- All water pipes to connect equipment such as coffee machines or drinking fountains shall be connected to the water with a copper pipe. The use of plastic tubes is prohibited.
- No person shall use any method of heating or air-conditioning other than that supplied by Landlord.
- Electrical equipment, appliances, lights or similar items , including personal equipment, may not be plugged into the building power outlets in offices, kitchens, meeting or work rooms unless supplied or approved by the employee's company and after consultation with the landlord, if appropriate.
- Any emergency or unusual or potentially dangerous situation shall be brought to the attention of the representative of the Landlord. The Tenant shall comply in all respects with the Emergency Plan for the building.
- In an emergency only the stairways and emergency exits shall be used.
- Fire Arms, ammunition or other devices generally considered to be a weapon shall not be stored nor brought into the Buildings without the approval of the landlord.
- No person shall permit any animal to be brought into the Premises or the Building, with the exception of a service animal.
- It is strictly prohibited to move about the premises without shoes or on rollerblades, skateboards, scooters or bicycles.
- Authorized persons parking their bicycles inside the building shall do so only in the areas provided for such purpose in the parking garage. The elevators shall not be used to transport any bicycle. Bicycles are not permitted on the main floor or above. Any bicycle parked in an unauthorized place shall be removed from the property at the expense of the owner.
- For the health, safety and comfort of other tenants of THE BOW the following food peparation and cooking rules are in place:
- No food warming/heating or cooking appliances are permitted in offices since their use can overload electrical circuits and cause a fire hazard. This includes coffee pots and kettles.
- For special events only, crock pots, rice cookers and similar appliances may be used in the kitchen areas, if your company policies permit. These should be removed after the event. Electric frying pans, grills, conventional ovens, barbecues etc are not permitted.
- Tenants are responsible for clearing away and tidying the space after any special events
- All City, Provincial and Federal legislation and by-laws must be adhered to including those covering food preparation and handling and the serving of alcohol.
- For the health, safety and comfort of other tenants of THE BOW the following should be taken into account when organizing seasonal decorations in offices and communal spaces in the tower:
- No real Christmas trees, straw bales etc or foliage other than that in arrangements that contain water, are permitted as these are a fire hazard
- No real lit candles or decorations with flames are permitted. Steno burners in chaffing dishes may be used for keeping food warm in the kitchen and meeting room areas only. They must be extinguished during transit.
- Decorative lights should be LED only as others may heat up and become a fire hazard
- All decorative lights and features must be switched off at the end of the working day
- All extension cords and power bars must be used as per the manufacturer's specifications and kept out of walk ways.
- Walkways, exit routes, heating, cooling and ventilation grills must not be blocked by decorations
- No decorations can be fixed to the ceiling, wood panelled walls or windows. Window painting is not permitted on exterior window or frosted glass as it can affect the coating of the glass.
- The cost of repairs for any damage caused by decorations will be charged back to the tenant.
- Only the Landlord, through a certified sub-contractor, shall be responsible for window maintenance and washing. The Tenant shall be responsible for keeping access to the windows free during maintenance periods.
- Services in the building, including the elevators and escalators may be interrupted for maintenance or during an emergency.
- Due to the height of the atriums helium balloons are not permitted in the lobby or on the skygardens.
- The fire supression system in the lobby and on the skygardens is triggered by the dectection of flames. Therefore no open flames, including candles, are permitted in the atrium areas on these floors.
- The Landlord reserves the right to promulgate, rescind, alter or waive the rules or regulations prescribed for the Building at any time when it is necessary, desirable or proper for its best interest or, in the opinion of the Landlord, in the best interests of the tenants.