IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WHILE IN AN ELEVATOR:
- Remain calm.
- Locate and press the elevator distress button to contact the staff within the Security Command Centre.
- When Security Command Centre answers:
- State the nature of problem.
- Give the floor level if possible.
- Give the number of people inside elevator.
- Identify yourself (name and company). The Security Command Centre now has someone to relate to in case of problems with other passengers.
- Relay any requests to Command Centre staff for contacting individuals outside of the elevator
- DO NOT attempt to force open an elevator door.
- Advise Security Command Centre of any changes in the nature of the problem i.e. the elevator is now moving and you are on the __ floor.
- If elevator doors open DO NOT attempt to exit unless the elevator is level with the floor and the doors are fully open.
THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS:
- You can establish communication with Security Command Centre by pressing the distress button.
- Security Command Centre will contact the elevator technician immediately for an estimated time of arrival, for your information.
- Security Control Centre will dispatch a Security Guard to the area:
- The Security Guard will, if possible, contact you from outside the elevator.
- The Security Guard will wait on ground floor, to ensure you get out safely.
- The technician will take the necessary steps to free you from the elevator correct the problem. This may require moving the elevator to another floor for the doors to open.
NOTE: Elevators are one of the safest modes of transportation that there is. However, should you notice anything unusual in the elevator service, report it to the Security Command Centre-403 817 6630